Barbera d’Asti DOCG
Due to the Estate's hilly landscape, 95% of the grapes are machine harvested while the remaining 5% planted on the slopes are handpicked. The grapes are then aged for eight months. The wine is separated prior to aging: 80% is aged in 6,000-liter Slavonian botte and 20% is aged in first-, second-, and third-year tonneaux. After this process, it stored in stainless steel for an additional three months, followed by six months in bottle before it is released.
Ruby-red with pale purplish highlights
Full and intense, with scents of dark fruits, rose petals, subtle earth and exotic spices
Medium-bodied; reveals juicy red fruit and powdered mocha, leading to substantial, but polished, tannins; reveals lingering mineral notes on a long finish
A perfect match with pappardelle with lamb sauce, fresh lasagna, braised chicken, lentils with chicken sausage, and aged cheese
61°F - 64°F