Casa Vinicola Zonin Plenty of News at Vinexpo 2013 (Stand AB 131, Hall 1):
New Apulian Wines from Masseria Altemura and New Velluto Veneto Igt; Reinforced Partnership with Professor Denis Du Bourdieu; Wine Tourism Empowered and Green Values to be Shared.
Casa Vinicola Zonin is the largest privately owned wine company in Italy and one of the most popular in Europe, with an uncontested talent in creating “wine culture” outside of Italy. The Company distributes, sells and markets in over 100 countries the wines of its 9 Estates, locatedin Italy’ finest wine-producing regions. At Vinexpo Fair, highly regarded by the international key players of the world of wine, we present the following news:
- Opening of Masseria Altemura and New Apulian Wines: Last October 2012 Casa Vinicola Zonin celebrated the opening of Masseria Altemura, its new Estate in Salento, Puglia. We consider its high quality wines, with a very attractive packaging, the “ones to watch” in our portfolio.
- New Velluto wine: a Veneto IGT wine, crafted with a blend of Corvina and Merlot.Because consumers are limited to the interaction with Velluto’s wine bottle in stores, we felt we should present it with a tactile experience. We designed a 3D embossed foil label, with an important visual trigger and an invitation to interact with the bottle. The flowing V represents the lightness of a red velvety sik scarf, and brings life to the label. Velluto (“Velvet”) is a Veneto Igt and the name is a tribute to the Venetian merchants who popularized the silk trade since Roman times.
- Reinforced Strategic Consultancy of Professor Denis Du Bourdieu for our Estates Wines: The collaboration started in 1997 with the world wide famous wine maker Denis Dubordieu, Œnology Professor at the University of Bordeaux,is further strengthened, with the fundamental aim of improving knowledge in all phases of wine production and experimentation, in order to apply it within all the Estates of the Zonin Family, ensuring the highest quality for our wines.
- A priority for Casa Vinicola Zonin is wine tourism. Each Company’s Estate constantly improves its hospitality services, winning a growing number of Italian and International wine lovers, in search of new terroirs, flavors and authentic traditions. The latest figures have pointed out, that wine tourism is strongly increasing, surpassing the $ 5 billion euros in sales in 2012. Zonin’s Estates confirm the trend, reaching a total of 100,000 visitors per year. Significant examples of this success are: Tenuta Ca’Bolani, in Friuli, which registered a 25% increase in visits in the last year among Italians, Austrians and Swiss; Castello d’Albola, in Chianti Classico, had in 2012 15% more visits, with a growing number of French, American, German, British and Brazilian tourists. Feudo Principi di Butera, in Sicily, has doubled the number of its visitors. Michele Zonin, VicePresident of our Company, will give insight into our wine tourism practices on June, 19th, at Vinexpo Conference “‘Best Wine Tourism Practices in the Great Wine Capitals’.
- Green values are part of Casa Vinicola Zonin’s culture and philosophy. For us only care for the environment throughout the whole production process makes for high quality and sustainable wines. Since 2008, we have adopted a rigorous “green” business program. Recently our engagement was rewarded by the judges at The Drinks Business Green Awards: Carlo De Biasi – Chief Agronomist at Casa Vinicola Zonin – was awarded with the Green Personality of the Year Award.
Alessandra Zambonin – Press & Communication Manager – email@example.com – tel.+39 0444 640 290 / + 39 348 9900019